I officially have the best family EVER. Tuesday night at 9pm I purchased a ticket home to Portland and flew out 12 hrs later. Despite short notice, my family in Portland and Seattle welcomed me home without complaint. Here are a few pictures highlighting my spontaneous adventures.
|Sunset in Seattle Friday night|
|Vancouver Canada Temple|
|Ty at the Portland Rose Garden on his birthday. After the Rose Garden we headed to the Elephant Park|
|another photo from the rose garden-used a funky setting, but I thought it turned out nicely|
|Strawberry picking. We picked 27 lbs (not counting all the we ate as we picked). Ty couldn't resist...neither could I.|
|Pikes place with Sheri.|
- Visiting 4 new restaurants (Yumms, Isabel Pearl, Viet My, and Samurai Sushi)
- Shopping sales tax free in Oregon, including a quick shopping trip to the Columbia employee store.
- Running on the water front in Downtown Portland
- A trip across the border into Canada. Unfortunately they do not stamp passports at the border for Americans, but for the record--I have been to Canada. Check.
- An 11 mile bike ride around Stanley Park in Vancouver BC.
- Watching Sheri finish an Olympic distance triathlon
- Time spent with 4 siblings, and 9 nieces and nephews