Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I may have killed a tree

I'm in search of someone who actually enjoys writing research papers...and I'm talking about the research and writing part of it, not the good feeling you get when the paper is finished, turned in, done and in my case submitted for publication. 

Is there really anyone out there like that?  Because I'm willing to bribe someone to help out with this little assignment called my graduate school research paper. 

It's a stretch, but I'm going to try to find a correlation to people who talk to me and hate running.  I like running (most of the time).  Like today.  Today was a GREAT run.  It was 6pm-perfect temperature.  I was on the Provo river trail and had a nice breeze coming off the river and trees that shaded the trail and I just got in the groove.  But there are days when I run, even races I run, that I hate it.  But I never regret a good run when I'm done.  Case in point: last year I ran a half marathon in July.  I felt great the first 7 miles.  It was down hill and I knew I was flying.  I also knew I was going WAY too fast and by mile 8 I was like-really why do I do this to myself?  Why would I ever run a full marathon again? When will this be over.  I had kind of given up by mile 13 b/ I walked 3 times the last mile.  At the finish line I felt like collapsing-and then I saw my time.  I PR'd, so all the pain from the previous 45 mins was SO worth it.  And the massage tables had a spot waiting for me.  The race, the run, the pain, the misery-it was ALL worth it.  I felt GREAT. 


Will I feel that way in 3 months when I am hopefully done with this paper???  Will I feel that way in 1 year and 3 months when I am graduating??  I sure hope so. 

In the meantime, I'm just killing trees (and spending some precious summer sunshine cooped up inside writing, reading, revising, oh and blogging).  I think this is my 5th or 6th topic.  I haven't printed off nearly this many articles for the other would be topics, but I've printed off my share.  On the bright side-I do get to print for free in the grad student lounge.  Thank goodness.  And I do recycle when I'm done.


Oh-and some things never change.  Just like high school and undergraduate school--I still study in my bed.  It's way more comfortable than a chair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment